Monday, May 17, 2010

5/17

Today I feel that my eating habits have finally gotten a little better. This class has inspired me to eat differently, it has just been a matter of being able to do so more often.

Before class, all I had was a tomato and mayonnaise sandwich- one of my favorites! The bread was store bought white bread, and the tomatoes came from the Commissary at Ft. Rucker where I'm from. Anytime I go home to Ozark, my family is military so I stock up on groceries at the Commissary on Post. It's much cheaper, and I think the produce is much more fresh and well-kept.

After class, Tim and I began planning for dinner- we knew we wanted to cook. I already had a pound of beef thawing out, so we tried to think of something to do with it. I also knew that I wanted to check out Mana. Once we got there and started looking around, it all came together. We found the spices and decided to make tacos with their taco seasoning. We also grabbed a bag of fresh salad mix from Snows Bend Farm. Our tacos consisted of the ground beef with taco seasoning, store bought flour tortillas, iceberg lettuce, and chopped tomatoes. We were going to use the leftover cheese from our pizza the other night, but we forgot it!
On the side, we had a salad. It included a cucumber, diced tomatoes, and carrots which I bought from Winn Dixie and were labeled "organic." I also added a little bit of Italian dressing to mine. I don't usually like any type of salad greens besides iceberg, but this salad (with the Snows Bend greens) was my favorite part of the meal. Oh, and I drank water.
We ate this meal at my dinner table. Neither of us over ate, and we both commented on how good we felt! I guess our judgment as when to stop was right on, haha. I know that my eyes are usually bigger than my stomach because before we ate, I said that I would probably have two tacos, and I actually only had one (thank goodness).

After, I had about a handful of grapes for something sweet, plus I really needed to eat them before they go bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment