After my brother's graduation, the group went out to lunch. My sister-in-law, Amber, planned a nice afternoon at a place in Auburn called Cock of the Walk. This restaurant has a Southern theme, mostly serving traditional Southern foods, as well as a nice atmosphere with a lake and beautiful yard and several animals including a peacock. Amber ordered two food platters which offered fired catfish, grilled chicken, french fries, hushpuppies, and baked potatoes. I had about 4 of the catfish (they were small), two hushpuppies, and some french fries. Also, as sides I had a serving of coleslaw (I guess I really love the stuff).
For dessert we had celebratory chocolate cake with chocolate icing. I only had a few bites because all of that chocolate is too much for my taste, and I was still helping myself to the catfish and coleslaw!
I REALLY enjoyed this meal. Once again it was with family which is always the best, and Southern food is by far my favorite! The environment was a nice bonus- afterwords we spent time on the deck of the restaurant feeding the fish and turtles.
That night, I had already arrived back in Tuscaloosa. Tired from the eventful day and driving, I decided to make a Marie Callender microwave dinner. I keep these around for moments just like this- something quick but this brand is still good.
So, I am noticing so far that for at least one meal a day, I have to do something quick and easy. I guess I wish this were different, but I actually don't think it's too bad considering my lifestyle and those of most Americans today (on the go).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment